The mites are arthropods of the class of arachnids (spiders) to tiny size, they measure about 0.3 mm.
They live in warm, humid and very abundant in the dust. We find in most houses, especially in bedding, carpets, mattresses, pillows and carpets, where they find their livelihood, as well as the peeling of the skin.
The mites cause very allergenic proteins. These proteins will trigger an inflammatory process in the bronchi, causing asthma attacks.
Since mites are found in most of the rooms, allergies are constantly exposed to this invisible danger
The only way to avoid the crisis is to eliminate the mites.Anti mites
- Avoid carpets.
- Preferably use pillows, mattresses and pillows made in synthetic materials.
- Avoid soft toys or wash frequently.
- Place the stuffed animals in the refrigerator at night: the cold kills the mites.
- Pass the vacuum regularly to prevent accumulation of dust on carpets.
- Wash bedding every two weeks at 55 ° C, which kill mites and will eliminate certain allergens.
- Certain detergents can destroy allergens washable.
- Fan rooms and beds, especially in cold and dry regions.
- Enter the cushions and mattresses in a plastic sleeve.
- Fight against moisture and keep the temperature between 18 and 20 ° C.
- The acaricides, are products that are in the form of liquid solutions or shampoos acaricides that can be used in carpets.
- Start by vacuuming before applying acaricide.
- Repeat the process every month or two on average.
Stays high, above 1000-1200 meters, are very favorable for people allergic to dust mites because they are very low due to cold temperatures and dry air.
credit to: Dra. Angela Simpson, Dr. Luis Alberto Ramos Neira