Many people own pets while being allergic to their hair. The presence of an animal at home has on the ongoing allergic bronchial inflammation, as well as triggering asthma attacks.
What to do?
The ideal would be separated from the animal. But you must know that for some months the beneficial effects will not be apparent because the hairs will persist in many corners of the house. The improvement will be evident when the hairs have disappeared completely.If it is impossible to separate from the animal, it will take to reduce the amount of allergens in the home. How?
- Wash the animal twice a week.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with special filters and bags and thick double wall.
- Install an electrical filter system and change air filters regularly.
- Get rid of carpets and rugs.
- Neuter male cats.
Many people believe they have food allergies, however, true allergies are very rare, affecting only 5% of children and 1% of adults.
Food allergies are mostly related to:
- Shellfish and crustaceans
- Peanuts and some other nuts
- Certain fruits, especially exotic, such as kiwis, lychees, etc..
Food allergies are often serious and manifest themselves shortly after eating the food is at the moment in which those affected became aware of their allergy.
How are you allergies can be dangerous, our advice is to consult an allergist, who will:
- Confirm the allergy by skin tests (prick tests) and blood tests.
- Provide advice and treatment to prevent accidents.
In some asthmatics, asthma can be aggravated by certain foods, but this is often difficult to determine. The diagnosis can be made by hospitalizing the person and making follow a special diet: initially, only a few selected foods, and thereafter, if the asthma improves, gradually reintroduce foods to monitor respiratory function. This allows us to find the food poorly tolerated, often tend to be the eggs, milk or wheat.
credit to: Dra. Angela Simpson, Dr. Luis Alberto Ramos Neira