Many asthmas are aggravated during pollen season, which lasts from March to September is difficult to avoid, but can take some precautions:
- Close the windows of the house.
- Close the windows of the car.
- Avoid the parks and gardens, especially in the early afternoon.
- Find places where the pollen count is lower, as the sea.
Allergens in the workplace: occupational asthma
Some asthmatics find that their asthma is aggravated especially after working. In fact, they are exposed to irritants or allergens that will exacerbate his asthma.
Other people develop asthma for some time after starting a new job. Asthma is induced by substances that have been exposed.Must diagnose this type of asthma, because:
- The best treatment is to change workplace.
- If exposure continues, the only thing that will happen is that the disease becomes worse.
In general, this type of asthma has been the shorter the duration of exposure, the greater the chance of cure. Since the diagnosis is often difficult, you need go to a doctor specializing in occupational medicine and respiratory diseases. Professionals are exposed contact:
- The aerosol paints containing diisocyanates
- The flour and yeast (bakers)
- Latex gloves (health professionals)
- Cyanoacrylate Adhesives
- Platinum salts
- Laboratory animals
- Welding fumes
- Products used in the manufacture of soaps.
Numerous other substances can cause occupational asthma, although it is important to remember that this is a rare disease.
Once the occupational asthma is diagnosed, it is necessary:
- A professional relocation
- A change of working methods
- A total career change.
credit to: Dra. Angela Simpson, Dr. Luis Alberto Ramos Neira